Thursday, October 11, 2012

Blog Re-Initialization Complete in 3 - 2 - 1 ....

I started this blog on 10/2/2006, and continued to post to it through most of 2007. My last entry was on 11/24/2007, almost 5 years ago. Throughout that period, I had posted semi-regularly. This was easy to do, since I was on medical leave fighting off cancer. But there were issues with keeping my medical insurance (which I obviously still needed). So, early in 2007, I was able to start work part-time with a friend's company, specifically so that I could get that insurance coverage. Sadly, because of how limited my energy and stamina became, I could not devote much time to non-essentials, like blogging. My posts grew less frequent, and eventually stopped.

Today, I am in a somewhat better situation. I have been in remission for over 5 years. Even better, I have been able to drop off almost all of the medications that I had been taking during that entire time. Although these drugs had been necessary to my recovery, they also took a physical toll on me. Frankly, I am relieved to be off of them. I have also gotten a little better at conserving my energy so that I don't burn out as often as I used to. I do have to be careful, because it is easy for me to overdo it.

Because of the above changes, I feel like I can now afford to take time to blog at least a little bit. More importantly, there have been some recent events that have had a big emotional and practical impact on me and my family. I believe it will be helpful, at least to me, to blog about these different changes in our life. Also, the topics I hope to touch on may be of interest to my family and friends, at least for a while.

Let's see if I can turn a good intention into a good habit.

5 comments:

marylea said...

I'll be listening, Bill! :-)

Franne said...

Me, too.

Becky Cavnar said...

ksaGood for you, Papa! We're so glad you're healthy and having extra energy for some writing is wonderful.

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

Wile E Quixote said...

Cameron--

I do not have a way to email you directly, since I do not have your address. And I don't think we should exchange addresses here. However, I believe I have found your Facebook page, and I left you a message there. Please look and see if you see it.

--Bill